Wallas XC Duo RV ceramic cook top with HEATER lid
This is how it works
How to install XC DUO
$3150 (inc GST)
Just like cooking at home!
Just press the button to start the cooker! It could not be easier.
The cooker has controllable power, which you can easily adjust from the control panel. The ceramic glass top is easy to clean, and the operation is quiet.
On top of all this, you’ll appreciate its design.
A real heater
- Unique solution to transform your stove into a camper heater!
- XC Duo is a perfect heating and cooking system for small campers!
Diesel gives you independence
- Diesel is available almost everywhere.
- No need to calculate if you have enough gas or not.
- Makes life much easier, as you don’t need to find various connectors for foreign gas bottles.
Saves space and money
- The space of the gas cylinders can be used for storing of other things. Space is often very much appreciated.
- In most countries, heating with diesel is an economical solution compared to heating with gas.
- Weight saving by eliminating gas cylinders. Note that you typically have at least two gas bottles aboard.
- The less weight you have, the more economically you drive.
- No open flame. The combustion process takes place in a closed loop with the help of a combustion fan. The process is fully automatic and tolerant of the changes in the air pressure.
- Combustion adds no moisture or odor to the living areas; no need to keep windows open.
No need for gas inspections
- Wallas does not need installation or annual inspections like the gas stoves or heaters.
- No need for gas detectors either.
We have done some heating tests on our WALLAS XC DUO cooktop. People ask, “how does it compare with gas, and how long does it take to boil the jug?” Well, it depends on a few factors but to keep it short the answer is it takes longer.
Lets look at a few things. Gas is instantaneous heat, diesel cooktops are not. After doing some tests we found that with 2.0L of water in a jug at 16.5 °C using gas it takes 13 minutes while using our diesel WALLAS XC DUO it takes 18 minutes. The drawback with diesel cooktops is that it takes 12 minutes for the cooktop to reach maximum temperature (500 °C ) making the total time to “boil the jug” 30 minutes. It does take some planning when using our WALLAS XC DUO; when you get up in the morning to “boil the jug” and do what nature needs you to do, just turn the cooktop on and when you come back it is up to temperature ready to put the jug on.
When you are on holidays, does 10-15 minutes extra make a difference when compared to the enormous advantages of WALLAS diesel cooktops over gas? You, the customer, need to work that out for yourselves – we’re just giving you the facts.
As you can see in the gallery pictures, if you use rectangular pots you can put 1 frypan and 1 pot for veggies or 2 pots for pasta and sauce – it just takes a bit of lateral thinking!