The unique DH Hydronic Series consisting of the DH9, DH15 and DH30 diesel hot water systems provides fast hot water and optional air heating in the coldest of conditions in a super robust form. Designed and assembled in Tasmania by Dieselheat, say goodbye to the hassles, risk (in boats) and cost of LPG and enjoy the benefits of hot water and air heating from one compact setup when free camping, sailing or off the grid.
The DH Hydronic series works by heating a tank of coolant using a diesel furnace and then using this to heat water via heat exchangers built into the tank. This coolant can then be piped to fan heads to allow optional air heating. The DH Hydronic series are a hybrid storage/instant on demand system, once pre-heated will provide instant hot water.
The DH Hydronic Series have the following features:
- All 316 stainless steel, suitable for RVs and boats
- Insulated tanks (DH15 and DH30) retains heat for efficient operation
- Fast heat up time
- Short term high flow rates to fill a sink or bucket
- Continuous flow rate of approx. 2.5L/min allows long, hot, water-wise showers
- Flexible installation arrangements allow installs in tight spaces for smaller Rvs and larger higher capacity systems for caravans or busses.
- Integrated air heating (optional)
- Includes Watermark approved tempering valve and fittings to ensure hot water is always delivered at safe temperatures
Advantages over Gas
- Allows single fuel diesel or diesel electric installations.
- Very safe, certified installers are not required.
- Fast heat up times, from 7min to first hot water is quicker than gas storage.
- Can provide hot water at very low flow rates like a dribble to rinse dishes, something an instant gas system cannot do.
- First drop of water out of the system is hot, no long cold flow whilst the instant gas gets started.
- Ideal for marine use where gas hot water is not suitable.
The DH Series comes in 3 sizes to suit all applications.
Comparison of Systems
316 Stainless steel inner and outer
*All values based on average ambient temperatures, actual results will vary depending on specific conditions.
Combined hot water and air heating where air heating is needed overnight. Where a longer duty cycle is needed. Extended touring, live on board.
Primarily hot water systems where air heating use will be occasional. Recreational use.
*Service intervals are based on manufactures literature or our experience, they vary significantly due to fuel quality, dust ingress, how furnaces are used etc.
By adding in a Kalori fan head, the DH Series diesel hot water becomes an effective air heater, giving off up to 5kW of air heating from a range of Kalori fan heads.
Pair the DH9 or DH15 with a Bricor Ultra Max shower head to have super water-wise showers – only 2 to 2.5L/min. Great for a caravan or boat where water is limited.
Pair the DH15 or DH30 with a Bricor Elite shower head for a more luxurious shower, whilst still only consuming 4 to 5L/min.
Backed by a two year warranty and with Dieselheat’s focus on great service, you will enjoy piping hot water, warmth and a good night’s sleep knowing that if you need help we have got your back.